Friday, December 2, 2011

Can you sew in silk lining on a granny square crochet blanket?

I just finished a 3ft x 3ft granny square baby blanket all in a soft yellow yarn. Now that I look at it, it looks a little plain. Can I put silk lining on one side of the blanket?|||Minky would be better.





http://www.minkydelight.com/





You can find this at many fabric shops|||Yea. I sewed lining on a croched hat. That would be easier.|||You could, but silk is not practical for babies. It generally doesn't wash well.


Assuming you have a synthetic, washable yarn, I'd pick a soft cotton - maybe even a flannel - and wash and machine-dry it to pre-shrink it before using as a lining on the other side. You may also want to tack the lining at intervals rather than just sewing it on at the edges, so it doesn't shift around.

No comments:

Post a Comment