Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Is it tacky to use fake/silk flowers for a winter wedding?

I am planning on having a winter wedding. Do you think it is tacky to use silk/fake flowers to decorate the church and or reception area. I was thinking of incorporating lots of berries, branches, and different Holiday type flowers and accessories. Do you think it is tacky? What would you do?|||It is not tacky at all! If you have a small budget it really saves you money. A lot of Christmas themed floral items are discounted heavily now. If you can still find them, you should save a lot of money.





My brother got married last month around Christmas time.. They are using all of the decor from the reception as their Christmas decorations for probably the next 5 years. They wanted to do this because they also had a small budget. My sis in law used ornaments and fake flowers/foliage for her center pieces and they looked beautiful!





She also used Christmas ornaments for favors. So I have some ornaments to be reminded of their wedding, which was very special to me.





Fake flowers last forever, fresh ones die in 2 days.





Hope this helps!|||I'd say it's no tackier than using real flowers. Actually it's obviously less tacky, because any flowers that you use would have to be imported.





I know that silk flowers are better, but even though it's winter I'd say that you should go with the inexpensive option and buy real flowers for decorating. You need a lot of flowers if you want to decorate a church, and that will add up. Silk flowers aren't cheap. However, given that it's a church there's presumably no need to decorate it. You neither have the expensive of buying all the decorations, nor any worries about looking bad from having out-of-season flowers on prominent display.|||I'd really recommend you use real flowers although there are many beautiful fakes available. Use the more inexpensive real flowers and you could perhaps use fake berries; branches are certainly easy enough to come by! However, before using fake berries or fake flowers, go to a large discount store and price flowers, check with a florist and get ideas about prices, or go to a flower market and have a talented friend do flowers for you. I'd prefer to have fewer flowers but real ones personally.|||I used fake flowers and they were cheap and beautiful. I used very tall Eiffel tower vases fake roses. I made them all myself and it worked wonderfully because I know what I like and I didn't have to explain it to anyone. I was lucky because i lived in Los angeles at the time and went to the fashion district and got all of my flowers for under $100.00.


I think the best part is some of my family members got to take them home as well as myself. I think its funny because my MIL has hers on display and she loves telling all of her friends the wedding story. It is nice to have a very important part of my wedding that I can keep on display. P.s. anyone who says it is Tacky is a snob. You can do some wonderful things with fake flowers.|||No it's not tacky at all. I've been to a lot of weddings, and it's a lot cheaper to do fake flowers verses real ones.|||Not at all|||no i dont think its tacky. :D|||If you do silk ones, it may well end up costing the same amount of money as real ones. And I absolutely HATE fake flowers. They are incredibly tacky.

No comments:

Post a Comment