Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Is it possible to launder a cotton silk blend fabric in a washing machine?

I found a great deal on a cotton and silk blend fabric, but didn't ask how to launder it when I bought it. Now I have seven yards of really nice fabric, but want to wash it before I cut it. Now, how do I do that?|||I would...cold water, mild detergent (possibly Woolite), gentle cycle and low heat dryer.|||What are you making out of it??? I don't always wash fabric before I cut... I could be wrong but I like to work with crisp fabric. However if it is cotton and silk that means that it is a woven blend. I would wash it on a delicate cycle in cool water with a mild liquid detergent... I would not dry with heat but would air dry.. |||no it will damage the fabric try dry cleaning or perhaps washing by hand with a mild detergent

No comments:

Post a Comment