Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How do you feel about silk flowers at weddings?

Have you seen any that look really good or really bad? I am seriously considering using fake flowers to save money, but I don't want them to look tacky. I do understand that sometimes silk flowers can be as expensive as real, but I have that part covered.|||Hi Sammy,





You can go with artificial flowers. It will only look tacky if you buy tacky artifical flowers, like from a craft store. I've done some research on this for a bride I'm working with and it seems that there is a type of artificial flower called "natural touch," which is supposed to look and feel like a real flower. Even if it's a bit more expensive, I think it would be worth it.





I'm attaching a link below to a site I found that you might want to explore.





Best Wedding Wishes!|||I think they're better because they don't wilt.|||I think they're perfectly fine to use, as long as they're good ones.|||dislike|||I think if you can find good looking silk flowers then they are great, but if it's simply to save money and you really would rather have real flowers you should consider Sam's. If you have one near you and know someone that is a member they have awesome prices on flowers and you can just order what you want and then pick them up.|||Personally I would never use fake floral anywhere near a wedding. I get think its so tacky.


But not everyone can afford real flowers. I would shop around some more, find whats in season and local to save you some money.


I think that a wedding planner is important as well, give them a budget of $1,000 less than what your actual budget so you have money for incidentals.





Thats just my personal opinion.


I am sure your wedding will be beautiful no matter what you chose to do.


Congrats :)|||I personally do not like silk flowers, and yes, they can be as expensive as the real ones if you want them to look good anyway.





I attended a wedding once that had faux flowers, they were arranged very pretty and from afar they looked nice; I did not dare to look more into it though. I knew they were fake because the mother of the bride told me.





In another one, they had both fake and real. The centerpieces had a single, submersed faux gerbera daisy, I could not tell the difference, o the bride told me that they were not real, but I wouldn't have known other wise.





Some people like to keep their bouquet, but that is not my taste or thing, I always think about dusty, discolored flowers with their sad plastic leaves. To each its own.u





Good luck|||I think silk flowers come in different grades, and high quality ones are gorgeous, and if you get the low quality you will regret it. Personally, I favour paper flowers and will be going with them.|||I have seen silk flowers that are considered top of the line and sorry to say, if they look that good people will touch them and figure out they are fake. And these cost as much or more than the real thing





Every other silk flower looks absolutely horrendous. Even if they don't and someone figures it out, it is still tacky in my opinion.





A better option to save money on flowers is to buy real flowers in bulk and do the arrangements yourself. All you need to learn is a youtube video or two.|||The thing I like about them is that you get to keep them as a memento. I used silk flowers for my first wedding and my sister's wedding and they are still in perfect condition. I haven't decided yet about this wedding because I haven't priced real flowers yet and haven't been to any craft stores to check out the silk flowers in the color I want.|||It depends on if you care what other people have to say or not.


I had fake flowers at my wedding...everything except my bouquet. And I had many compliments on how beautiful my wedding was. It also depends on where you live. Its easier to get away with it in more rural areas, whereas if you are having a city wedding your guests are going to expect everything high class and all out.





I say do it, who cares whether they are fake or not. ITS ONLY ONE DAY! They are going to wilt and die at the end of the day so why not save some money on your flowers and spend it on something like your food or entertainment. Your guests are going to remember what they DID and ate at the wedding, not whether your flowers were real or not.





In the end, it is your day. Your guests are going to enjoy your wedding either way, they are going to say you look beautiful, the food was great, and they had a great time. This is about the union of two people who are in love and want to spend the rest of their lives together. If someone is really that concerned about your flowers then they are just being anal and nit-picking your wedding.





Enjoy your day! and Congrats!|||i think silk flowers are really beautiful and they would make great flowers for a wedding|||Since you seem pretty set on silk, there are certain flowers that are simply more convincing than others. One that is really nice in photos is Hydrangea. If you are somehow able to fortify them so that they appear handtied and stalky along the base, the floral portion of Hydrangea are really realistic as silks. Others that are good are gerbera daisies or zinnias, sunflowers and peonies.

No comments:

Post a Comment