Friday, December 2, 2011

How do I fix a silk tie that is curled at the edges?

I got a tie that for some reason is curling on both sides. I guess the silk on the outside shrunk, thus bringing in the sides. It's really annoying but I hate to throw away a nice tie. Ideas?|||My Grandma taught me a trick for unruly clothing; clothing which is generally made of delicate material.





Get a few sheets of plain white paper, place over the tie. Then put your iron on the lowest setting. Iron the tie with the paper between the iron and the tie. This should flatten out the curling without damaging the material.





Hope this helps!


=)|||On a low heat setting iron your tie layered between to pieces of plain brown paper be sure to spray the paper with water, this will steam your tie the same way a dry cleaner would without risk of damage to the material.


move the iron slowly in circular motions to keep the tip of the iron from ripping the paper

No comments:

Post a Comment