Friday, December 2, 2011

How do I get ink off my hands, from a silk screening job?

I work as a printer at a silk screening plant and I have the worst time with getting all the ink off my hands, and especially under and on my finger nails. Anyone have any ideas? I've tried alcohol, and baby wipes, neither works.


Thanks!|||First, DO NOT USE any thing like m.e.k or chemical solvent. ( it ends up in your liver and is TOXIC! Try some thing less harmful like wd40. It removes ink, oil, paint and more.|||last time i dyed my hair my friend got dye on her hands, she used cigirette ash to remove the dye. i thought she was full of it but it really worked.|||Go to a nail supply store (Sally's) and buy pure acetone (polish remover) it will take it off :) Make sure you wash your hands well afterwards and if you use on a daily basis just make sure that you use lotion on your hands as this sometimes dries them out|||Can you wear latex gloves? Not the kind you wash your dishes with, but the shorter/thinner and more form fitting kind? It might prevent the ink from getting on you in the first place.





Otherwise, maybe using some diluted paint thinner would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment