Thursday, November 24, 2011

Best way to clean a silk skirt. Dry Clean or cold hand wash?

What is the best way to clean a silk skirt that had a close encounter with a BBQ chicken? Once it happened I immediately soaked the stain in water, the result is that the stain is barely noticable; however, the location of the stain is in a sensitve location. Bottom line: the skirt needs to be cleaned, but don't know the best way to clean silk? Dry clean or handwash in cold water?|||I would take it to a dry cleaner. I have a favorite silk blouse that I tried to launder myself (gentle cycle) - it has never been the same (fabric looks worn - on close examination). Plus I find it hard to get silk garments dried wrinkle free.





Take it to a pro (not one of those bargain cleaners) and ask if they can remove the stain.





Best wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment