Thursday, November 24, 2011

How do get baby oil out of silk?

Help! My sister-in-law is getting married tomorrow, and her mother got baby oil stains on her silk skirt. They are dry. What can we do?|||I would think the dry cleaners would be your best bet.|||Dawn dish detergent is the only thing I can think off. It gets oil off of bird feathers.


Good Luck|||Okay, that's sick. I don't even want to know how you're extracting oil from a baby or how it got on your silk. This is just sick.|||I'd soak the whole garment in baby oil...that way it will be 1 color.|||Dawn dish washing liquid, works every time.....I used to get spaghetti sauce out a white shirt......No stain......|||Try putting layers of paper towel on either side of the stain (above and below) and then ironing the stain. The heat will melt the oil and the paper towels will soak it up. You'll probably have to repeat a few times, just use new paper towels each time. I used this method to get melted chap stick out of a pair of pants and it was amazing there was no stain after I was done. Good Luck!|||SORRY I AM BACHELOR|||Erin the only quick fix I know of is either goop( sold at walmart in auto section) that comes in a white tub with blue letters.you put it on with a tooth brush and then let it sit for a few mn. Then wash it. The other methode is Original Dawn for dishes. That stuff is mighty. It will cut oil and grease. It was used to help cleas birds caught in an Alaska oil spill some years ago (in the 80s). These are the only 2 options I have for you. Going to the cleaners will work if they can doa same day thing cus your sister in laws wedding is tomorrow and they may have you to fall in line and wait like everyone else.


I hope this helps, Regards and have a good, safe wedding. Ammoconfidential|||This sounds radical, but I've tried it on other fabrics and it works. You MAY want to try it. The blouse is ruined anyway, RIGHT? Maybe you could try it on an inconspicuous area.


1.) Circle the stain with dish soap (DON'T SKIP THIS STEP!).


2.) Spray the stain with WD40, and allow to set for 20 minutes to reactivate the oil.


3.) Using the dish soap circle (you MAY want to add more dish soap at this point), and an old tooth brush, scrub the stain.


4.) Launder as usual.


GOOD LUCK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment