Thursday, November 24, 2011

What is the best way to iron a silk blouse?

My wife bought a silk blouse and it has some wrinkles in it and she wants to iron it. Is there a correct way to do this so it will not damage the blouse?|||Yes, turn them inside out. Then find a blank printer paper (must be white and blank). You put the paper on top of the blouse (use a couple of its big) and you iron on top of the paper on a very LOW setting. This way you are ironing the paper but the heat still gets to the top without damaging it. Believe me, I use it for silk dresses and silk ties. It works!|||You never want to iron silk.





Steam it.


Either buy a steamer (totally a worthwhile investment for me!), or take it to the cleaners.|||Answer #1 is pretty interesting, but I know a towel on top of the silk shirt would work also on a low to medium setting. The same as ironing a silk tie.

No comments:

Post a Comment