Saturday, November 19, 2011

What is an easy way to remove corn silk before cooking?

I have some corn on the cob and I want to boil it. However, I want to get most of the silk off of it before cooking. Does anyone have any tips/ tricks as to how to easily remove the silk?


Thanks in advance.|||Just strip it off by hand then give it a good rinse under running water that should get pretty much all of it off...|||use a toothbrush after you shuck it|||Um take it off by hand|||soak it in a sink of ice warte for 30 minutes before shucking|||yea, basically what he said|||I think the best way is to rub those cornsilks off in water. And you don't need to boil a giant pot of water to cook corn-- it only needs a short amount of steaming.|||I hate taking silk off - real pain - when I have to I husk as normal - but instead of struggling with ripping the silk off - I take a sharp knife and cut all the way around the bottom (stalk end) of the ear. - This makes all the silk even, easier to grab, and less of it breaks and becomes that one or two you didn't get out. - I figured this was quicker when I had to cook for 6 people once - Try it out|||I would suggest not boiling it--but instead do it in the micro-wave--in the husk- for about 90 seconds-then with a paper towel or two as you husk it the silks will come off with ease %26amp; the corn will be full flavor %26amp; not have lost any vitamins. We love fresh sweet corn this way!|||either wring it back and forth in your hands like wringing out a washcloth


or


use a rubber pad used for taking off sticking jar lids again in a twisting motion





*** to butter your corn- spread butter on a piece of bread - hold it in the palm of your hand and roll your corn in it and pass it to the next at the table - and so on... the last one holding eats the bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment