Thursday, November 24, 2011

How do I get iron mould out of silk?

I have abeautiful vintage skirt made from the highest quality silk which has some iron mould stains. How should I treat it to remove the stains (they must have been there for years) without harming the fabric?|||I agree take it to a reputable cleaner





Take to them let them see the stain and ask if they can get it out





Ask friends if they know of a good cleaners if you do not have one yourself|||I would take it to the cleaners since it is such a delicate fabric....Good Luck!|||I would try a really gentle sink of warm water and Oxyclean.





Maybe 6 or 8 quarts of warm water and 1 tbsp of Oxyclean.


Soak 10 or 15 minutes and watch to see if you see a change in the stains. If not you may need to dissolve another 1 or 2 tsps. in warm water and add to the mix. Again let soak for another 10 min. or so.





Rinse after and lay it out on a beach towel and press gently with another towel to dry. Then leave laying out to dry.





Oxyclean says it removes rust stains.

No comments:

Post a Comment