Saturday, November 19, 2011

How can you wash a silk pillow cover?

I have 2 pillows on my sofa and one of them is getting kinda dirty but I don't know how to wash the pillow without ruining it? The cover is silk and the pillow is down. Is there any way I can wash these in the washer, maybe on delicate or something? And wash it on cold...? I can take the cover off and wash them separate...any suggestions?|||I have silk blouses %26amp; I just use woolite %26amp; gentle cycle. Then dry on air fluff continously|||I would try handwashing the covers in woolite. wash the pillows in a cold cycle in the wash.





Be Blessed!|||I always rely on a silk pillow cover washer.|||Put it inside of a pillow case and tie it. Wash on delicate, cold water. Dry on air and keep "fluffing it". Good luck|||your best bet is going to be a dry cleaner. silk tends to shrink, and bleed if the colors are vibrant. also it wrinkles real bad when it gets wet, then you have to worry about pressing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment