Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do I hand wash a silk dress without ruining it?

I have 2 really beautiful silk dresses and would like to wash them. I made a silly mistake once of putting them in the washing machine with other clothes and some of the colour came out and stained on them but not very noticeable. Now I would like to wash them again. I put one of them into cold water in the sink to hand wash but the water turned brown (as it's an orange/yellow/brown dress)! I'm too afraid to do anymore in case I totally ruin it. What should I do?|||Woolite for colors, is a safe bet. It is made to help delicate fabrics keep there color. Also continue hand washing, or dry clean them.|||Your best bet is to have them dry cleaned. They know how to wash and Iron silk. I think you will be much happier that way.|||dry clean is my only guess

No comments:

Post a Comment