Saturday, November 19, 2011

Can I put silk curtains on a window that gets full sun every day?

I really want silk curtains for my dining room, but the huge window gets full sun every day. I'm worried that the curtains will fade really quickly. I'm also worried the silk will not do enough to block out the light (my furniture needs sun protection, too).





Can I have them backed or something to protect the curtains as well as the furniture?|||You can, but I would get a black-out lining for the back. You could also use some kind of shade underneath and just do silk stationary panels.|||probably backed with rayon acetate or something like that.





you don't need complete sun out to keep your furniture, indirect won't hurt.|||Silk will fade after exposure to direct sunlight for extended periods. You should get a good quality backing for the outside. The backing will give the curtain more body (which is attractive) as well as protect the color.

No comments:

Post a Comment