Saturday, November 19, 2011

How much does vintage silk brocade sell for?

I have some silk brocade fabric that was made in Hong Kong in the late 1960's. My father purchased it while serving as a Marine. I'm not sure how much I have, but it is 30 inches wide. How much do you think I can sell it for per yard on ebay?|||Not very much probably. Chinese brocades from the 20's are going for under $20 a yard unless it has some sort of special historical significange or something. All Chinese brocade is about 30" because that's the width of the looms, too.


Cost depends on a variety of factors such as pattern, quality of the materials and workmanship, age, weft threads intact, and preservation of the fabric. I recently got a 4 yard cut for $20 and it's from the very early 30s.

No comments:

Post a Comment