Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do you wash away the smell of certain silk garnment?

I just bought this beautiful dress from Anthropologie and the silk smell. I dried clean it, washed it and it still smell very strongly. I guess it is the kind of silk they used. Does anyone have an idea how to get rid of it?


Thanks|||Hang it outside to air out.:)|||have you tried Fabreeze, I know you can use that on fabric, I'm not sure if it can be used on silks or not the bottle would tell you|||I would return it to the store. When you have a bad smell like that in a silk it's almost impossible to remove. I always smell clothing before purchase. I've had to learn the hard way.|||If the tag says that is machine-washable (it may be, but probably not since its silk), add a cup of vinegar along with the laundry detergent and wash with other delicates. Vinegar removes most smells from fabrics-even cat urine.





Otherwise, try handwashing adding a bit of vinegar to the water and take it outside to dry. The fresh air can help get the smell out.

No comments:

Post a Comment