Thursday, November 24, 2011

How do I clean silk neckties?

I have 2 silk neckties that have small food spots on them. I have been told that they cannot be dry-cleaned or washed traditionally since those methods remove the natural sheen of the silk. Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks!|||very gently by hand I use shampoo and possibly a gentle rub of stain remover. The colours may run so vinegar may help a bit. Wash separately unless colours similar...press out water with towel and dry----do not soak helps to wash when stains are not too old and can do it in the bathroom as soon as possible. I hand wash all my silks and have had no problems apart from the colours running however does not seem to alter the colour so good luck...|||Use woollite.|||you can try soda water, but it might leave 'water spots'...they're hard to clean...

No comments:

Post a Comment